Tire Factory/Point S Tire and Auto Service is looking to hire warehouse workers for our growing Distribution Center in Portland. The position will facilitate the movement of product through the distribution facility to company stores. Tire Factory, now Point S Tire and Auto Service was started in 1987 in Oregon as a Member owned business to supply independent tire store owners with buying power and support for their stores. Since then we still exist to make our Members successful, and to help with that we have partnered with Point S Tire and Auto Service. This gave us a global footprint in 27 countries and 3,700 retail tire stores. In the US we currently operate a privately held Member owned company in fifteen western states with our corporate office in Portland and Regional Distribution Centers in Portland, Salt Lake City, Denver and Memphis.
Starting salary is $15.00 per hour with a possibility of $15.50 after a 90 days. After 90 days you have the opportunity to earn up to an additional $200 per month incentive bonus.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Unload incoming deliveries: verify correct product, count, and condition, noting and reporting all discrepancies.
2. Use forklift, scan gun, computer, and proper handling procedures to safely store or pull inventory in an organized and efficient manner. Take precautions to avoid inaccuracies or damage to product or equipment, whether storing or shipping product.
3. Pull and verify accurate and timely shipment of all third-party orders (special orders).
4. Check in and load outgoing shipments, verifying the damage-free condition of product, and confirming that correct documentation is included with each load.
5. Adhere to all safety rules and precautions, including wearing a safety harness, using horn while operating forklift, etc.
6. Clean warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and organized work environment.
- Lift up to 70lbs repeatedly on a regular basis.
- Communicate and work effectively with other members of the staff team.
Qualifications: Job Requirements:
- This is a full time hourly pay position.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs and be comfortable doing manual labor
- Forklift experience is a plus
- Consistent work history/strong work ethic
- Computer knowledge
- Must be dependable and a team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to pass back ground check and drug screen
The starting wage is $15.00 per hour with the possibility of $15.50 per hour after 90 days.