Tire Factory/Point S Tire and Auto Service is looking to hire a Warehouse Lead for our growing Distribution Center in Portland. The position will facilitate the movement of product through the distribution facility to company stores. Tire Factory, now Point S Tire and Auto Service was started in 1987 in Oregon as a Member owned business to supply independent tire store owners with buying power and support for their stores. Since then we still exist to make our Members successful, and to help with that we have partnered with Point S Tire and Auto Service. This gave us a global footprint in 27 countries and 3,700 retail tire stores. In the US we currently operate a privately held Member owned company in eighteen states with our corporate office in Portland and Regional Distribution Centers in Portland, Salt Lake City, Denver and Memphis.
This is a full-time hourly position. Starting salary is $17.50 per hour. After 90 days you have the opportunity to earn up to an additional $200 per month incentive bonus.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Leads and works alongside the warehouse team so that schedules and deadlines are met.
2. Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations and procedures are followed.
5. Provide leadership by demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior.
6. Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
7. Assists in the training of warehouse employees.
8. Use forklift, scan gun, computer, and proper handling procedures to safely store or pull inventory in an organized and efficient manner. Take precautions to avoid inaccuracies or damage to product or equipment, whether storing or shipping product.
9. Check in and load outgoing shipments, verifying the damage-free condition of product, and confirming that correct documentation is included with each load.
10. Responsible for all processes, equipment, safety and housekeeping of the warehouse and meeting quality and quantity standards on the shift.
11. Troubleshoots problems and notifies Manager for assistance as required.
12. Represents and promotes positive image of the Company at all times both on and off job.
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Teamwork- Stand in for the Manager during vacations and sickness as required.
Lift up to 70lbs repeatedly on a regular basis.
Communicate and work effectively with other members of the staff team.
Benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K plan with employer match, Paid Time Off and various AFLAC Coverage. Starting pay is $17.50 per hour.