Customer Service Representative/Tire Distribution Company
Job Title: Customer Service Representative/Tire and Auto Service
Area of Interest: Member Services/Sales and Marketing
City/State: Portland, Oregon
Tire Factory, now Point S Tire and Auto Service was started in 1987 in Oregon as a Member owned business to supply independent tire store owners with buying power and support for their stores. Since then we exist to make our Members successful, and to help with that we have partnered with Point S Tire and Auto Service. This gave us a global footprint in 27 countries and 3,700 retail tire stores. In the US, we currently operate a privately held Member owned company in fifteen western states with our corporate office in Portland and Regional Distribution Centers in Portland, Salt Lake City, Denver and Memphis. Each RDC supplies the stores with tires, store equipment and supplies. Experience in the tire or automotive industry preferred.
• Provide a “World Class” experience to our Members at all times when assisting them with their needs: Timely, Accurate and Friendly.
• Enter and process orders for tires and supplies via a web-based ordering and inventory system.
• Contact Members via outbound telephone or other correspondence regarding specific information or promotions.
• Provide shipping options and resolve freight discrepancies.
• Answer Member inquiries or transfer to the appropriate person or department.
• Communicate with Business Development Team. Recognize and recommend improvements.
• Respond to incoming general inquiries or transfer to the appropriate person or department.
• Provide Customer Service to fellow employees and internal sources.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
• Experience in the tire or automotive industry preferred.
• Exceptional organization and multi-tasking abilities.
• Ability to work as a team or independently, build and maintain relationships.
• Experience in a distribution center or call center preferred.
• Ability to retain a professional disposition and attitude at all times.
• Computer literate with the ability to learn software applications.
• Duties require professional and written communication skills.
• The ability to type 30 wpm.
• Basic reading, writing and math skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is required to climb stairs, sit at a computer for long periods of time, lift and move 10 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
We provide a competitive compensation package, which includes health care benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plan, short and long-term disability, life insurance and paid time off.
Salary: $15 – $17 per hour DOE. This a full-time non-exempt hourly position.
Other Duties: Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.