Tire Factory/Point S Tire and Auto Service is looking to hire delivery drivers for our growing Distribution Center in Portland. Our delivery drivers are our face to our Tire Factory/Points S tire locations. This key customer service position is responsible for delivering tires and supplies to Tire Factory/Point S stores. Tire Factory, now Point S Tire and Auto Service was started in 1987 in Oregon as a Member owned business to supply independent tire store owners with buying power and support for their stores. Since then we exist to make our Members successful, and to help with that we have partnered with Point S Tire and Auto Service. This gave us a global footprint in 27 countries and 3,700 retail tire stores. In the US we currently operate a privately held Member owned company in fifteen western states with our corporate office in Portland and Regional Distribution Centers in Portland, Salt Lake City, Denver and Memphis.
This is a part-time hourly position approx. 25 hours per week, approx. 7:30 AM to 1:00 PM. Starting salary is $17.00 per hour. Driving in the Portland and Vancouver area. After 90 days you have the opportunity to earn up to an additional $200 per month incentive bonus.
- Ensure the vehicle is fit for the road by performing and recording routine checks of lights, tires, oil, water, etc., reporting any defects, to maintain the safety of driver and goods.
- Ensure the vehicle is loaded safely for optimum efficiency and safety.
- Drive in accordance with the Highway Code regulations, and take responsibility for the vehicle, including security, and the completion of paperwork to provide a safe and efficient service.
- Maintain a clean vehicle both inside and out to provide a clean environment for other users of the vehicle.
- Deliver all orders in timely manner, and in full. Record any delivery exceptions.
- Provide top-notch customer service, remembering that a delivery driver is the last face a customer sees and is a direct reflection of Tire Factory.
- 2 to 3 years of delivery driving experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Able to pass back ground check and drug screen.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs and be comfortable doing manual labor.
- Consistent work history/strong work ethic.
- Must be dependable and a team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
401K with employer match
Paid Time Off
Starting Pay $17.00 per hour