Warehouse Associate/Delivery Driver
Tire Factory/Point S Tire and Auto Service is looking to hire for the position of Warehouse Associate/Delivery Driver in our growing Memphis, Tennessee warehouse. The Warehouse Associate participates in the daily shipping, receiving, organization and storage of supplies, equipment, and tires for the purpose of accurate and timely flow of incoming and outgoing product through our Memphis distribution center. As a delivery driver, you will be responsible for delivering tires and supplies to the Tire Factory/Point S stores.
Tire Factory, now Point S Tire and Auto Service was started in1987 in Oregon as a Member owned business to supply independent tire store owners with buying power and support for their stores. Since then we still exist to make our Members successful, and to help with that we have partnered with Point S Tire and Auto Service. This gave us a global footprint in 27 countries and 3,700 retail tire stores. In the US we currently operate a privately held Member owned company in fifteen western states with our corporate office in Portland and Regional Distribution Centers in Portland, Salt Lake City, Denver and Memphis.
This is a full time non-exempt hourly position. The salary is $15 per hour with the possibility of an increase to $15.50 after 90 days.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Unload incoming deliveries: verify correct product, count,and condition, noting and reporting all discrepancies.
2. Use forklift, scan gun, computer, and proper handling procedures to safely store or pull inventory in an organized and efficient manner. Take precautions to avoid inaccuracies or damage to product or equipment, whether storing or shipping product.
3. Pull and verify accurate and timely shipment of all third-party orders (special orders).
4. Check in and load outgoing shipments, verifying the damage-free condition of product, and confirming that correct documentation is included with each load.
5. Adhere to all safety rules and precautions, including wearing a safety harness, using horn while operating forklift, etc.
6. Clean warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and organized work environment.
7. Drive in accordance with the Highway Code regulations, and take responsibility for the vehicle, including security, and the completion of paperwork to provide a safe and efficient service.
8. Deliver all orders in a timely manner and in full. Record any delivery exceptions.
9. Provide top-notch customer service, remembering that as a warehouse associate and delivery driver you are the last face a customer seesand is a direct reflection of Tire Factory/Point S.
• Work with Tire Factory/Point S Operations staff to increase efficiencies as a department. As a team, brainstorm and implement innovative and time-saving processes that are scalable and beneficial to Tire Factory as a group.
• Communicate and work effectively with other members of the staff and team.
QUALIFICATIONS: JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Maintain a clean driving record on and off the job. Report any violations.
• Able to pass back ground check and drug screen.
• Lift up to 70 Lbs repeatedly on a regular basis.
• Forklift experience is a plus.
• Computer knowledge is a plus.
• Must be dependable and a team player
• Strong attention to detail
The starting wage is $15 per hour with the possibility of an increase to $15.50 after 90 days.
Benefits: Tire Factory/Point S offers a comprehensive benefits package including group health insurance, paid time off, short and long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k).